[aisle] Keeping Library Open

Stephanie Flott flotts at dwight.k12.il.us
Mon Jul 6 11:10:01 CDT 2020

I was just told I needed to be prepared to defend the importance of the
library for this upcoming school year.  During the spring semester, the
library was completely shut down, and students did not have access to
books. I have already expressed to the administration that this cannot
happen in the fall, and our students need access to books.

At an admin meeting last week, it was discussed that if the library was
shut down, I could be utilized to fill in for any teachers that would not
be able to come to school due to COVID.  I would appreciate any help you
have to offer:
~data supporting the need for library books in students hands during this
crazy time
~how your library is planning to safely get books in students hands

THANKS!! I've never had to defend my job before, and this definitely caught
me off guard this morning.

Stephanie

--
*Stephanie Flott*

Dwight Township High School            Dwight Grade School
801 S. Franklin St.                             801 S. Columbia St.
Dwight, IL 60420                               Dwight, IL 60420
815-584-6293                                    815-584-6239