[aisle] Brit Lit BIPOC authors

MaryAnne Confer pysson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:41:48 CDT 2020

Lauren,

I highly recommend Zadie Smith for Brit lit, especially her book White
Teeth.

This article from The Guardian has some helpful suggestions of how to
diversify the Cannon. It also includes some American authors, but it’s
worth a read for ideas:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/books/2017/nov/11/black-and-minority-ethnic-books-authors-on-decolonising-the-canon-university-english-literature-syllabus

Hope this helps,

MaryAnne Confer

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 8:51 AM Lauren Ochs via AISLE <