[aisle] getting books back

Leslie Forsman lforsman at triopiacusd27.org
Tue May 12 20:04:00 CDT 2020

I emailed each of my grade school families with books out personally and
included several ways to return the books.   My next project will be to do
the same for my 7-12 students, but at student (not parent) level for the
emails.
I am fortunate that I work in a small district where I can do that.

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 7:42 PM Glenda Neighbors via AISLE <

> Thank you.  I am sending messages to middle school students. Each grade
> level had a day to come in for personal belongings and were supposed to
> return books and textbooks but doesn’t happen.  Many students don’t bother
> to come for their stuff
>
>   We are in a unique situation. Not only are dealing with the virus
> issues, all my libraries had to be packed up for renovation and I am
> retiring.  It has been a year to remember!
>
> On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 7:24 PM Kathryn Green via AISLE <
>
>> I’ve been working on collecting books for the last two weeks. Most were
>> returned in ziploc bags. Our district is the same as far as funds, but my
>> superintendent told me to create a list of any books that were not returned
>> and he would make sure I could repurchase them when I wanted too. We only
>> have the elementary building open, so I’m getting books from three schools.
>> I did do a bright arrow call to all students with outstanding books, and we
>> emailed every person on pre-k through 12 with the books they had out. I
>> also created a destiny information guide explaining how parents can log in
>> and see what’s out for grades pre-K through 6 only. Since we don’t have any
>> questionable materials at our elementary building, I felt parents could be
>> informed regarding how to see what’s Still out. Grades 7-12 Have a more
>> unique log in. I will attach it to a different email. It’s in word so you
>> can turn it into a google doc if you like.
>>
>> Kathryn Green
>>
>> On May 12, 2020, at 4:07 PM, Glenda Neighbors via AISLE <
>> aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>>

>> What are your plans for getting books returned by the end of the school
>> year?  I am mainly concerned about students moving to the next level;
>> fourth graders going to middle school and eighth graders going to high
>> school.  It becomes very difficult to get books back after they move on.
>>
>> My principal said they would just put the books on student accounts and
>> they would have to pay for then at registration.  We have so many who never
>> pay their registration fees so that makes no difference to them.  It only
>> affects those students who are in extracurricular activities and have to
>> pay fees.
>>
>> No sure how to handle it this year with no graduation or end of the year
>> special activities that held them accountable.

>> <#m_-7939633982672096774_m_-6794586043031634897_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>>
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>>
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/

*Leslie Forsman*
*Pre-K through12th grade Librarian*
*Education to Careers Instructor*
*Quest Instructor*
*Triopia CUSD #27*
*2204 Concord Arenzville Road*
*Concord  IL  62631*
*217-457-2281, x1033*
*lforsman at triopiacusd27.org <lforsman at triopiacusd27.org>*
*"Hey, you live where the books are!" *
*(from a preK student who saw me outside of school).*