[aisle] New Library

Emma Rose Ryan emmaroseryan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 12:44:33 CST 2021

Something that might be helpful right off the bat is to identify duplicates
between the two fiction collections. I imagine there's a lot of overlap
between a 6th-grade library and a 7/8th grade library in that area, and you
may be able to quickly pare down by simply weeding the most-beat-up copy of
a given popular fiction title and keeping the other. Hope this helps!

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 10:16 AM Bette Rubinson Zablocki via AISLE <

> Hello,
>
> I work in a middle school that had two separate libraries, one for 6th
> grade and one for 7/8 grade, and is finishing construction this week on one
> library for the building. Now the two collections need to be combined while
> weeding about 6,000 books from the collection. The reason for the weeding
> is that shelving was not increased in the new library to factor in the
> increase in books when the collections are combined. I will have 1-3
> additional library/technology staff from other buildings in the district
> helping me throughout the day. Has anyone done a project like this
> before? Any advice? The curriculum director would like this completed in
> one week, so time is a factor.
>
> Please email me off the list at bzablocki at d15.us
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bette Zablocki