[aisle] book suggestion needed

Christine Cahill cahillch at u4sd.org
Thu Feb 11 19:45:12 CST 2021

Hello Hive Mind!

Can you help me with a teacher request?

"Can you think about short chapter books that have a topic of a
child/grandparent or child-parent point of views?
We are going to be reading Moon Over Star in Wonders next week and I am on
the search for a companion text (hopefully Hoopla audiobook) that the
students can continue reading on the theme of generational relationships.
In Moon Over Star the granddaughter and others are swept up in the moon
landing- she is in awe of the event. The granddaughter is really surprised
that the grandfather has a different point of view about space exploration,
with more concerns about the issues and hardships here on earth -ex.
hunger. By the end of the book, both are respectful of one another's POV.
An absolutely lovely story!"

Thank you in advance,

Christine Cahill
Teacher/Librarian