[aisle] Help me feel better about classroom libraries . . .

Pam Meiser Pmeiser at barrington220.org
Wed Feb 24 11:15:38 CST 2021

I was a classroom teacher as well. Having my own classroom library (which I
spent my own money to create) allowed me to sort many of my books by
reading level. Having those books close at hand after conferring with a
student allowed me to immediately put a book in the child's hand at the
appropriate level. I often had multiple copies for book groups or for
partner reading, which my library doesn't have. My library has books for
K-5, whereas my classroom library had books that matched the reading range
for my third graders.

As a librarian, I want my students to read whatever they'd like, despite
their reading level. Plus, I don't know each child's reading level!
Classroom teachers do not accompany their students to the library.

I believe the two can exist in harmony!

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 3:58 PM Leah Krippner via AISLE <