[aisle] Learning Ally / audiobooks

Walsh, Michelle mwalsh at d57.org
Mon Jan 4 11:51:27 CST 2021

In our school, we've encouraged students to obtain public library cards so
they can use Hoopla OR  Overdrive for audiobooks.   Students with IEP's or
504's clearly stating a need for audiobook materials, have Learning Ally or
Bookshare
<https://www.bookshare.org/cms/promo/adwords/audiobooks-learning-disabilities>
accounts.  Bookshare and LibriVox have a large number of audiobooks in the
public domain.  Fortunately, middle schools and high schools who are
reading The Pearl
<https://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/806302?returnPath=L3NlYXJjaD9tb2R1bGVOYW1lPXB1YmxpYyZrZXl3b3JkPXRoZSBwZWFybA>,
To Kill A Mockingbird
<https://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/2830494?returnPath=L3NlYXJjaD9tb2R1bGVOYW1lPXB1YmxpYyZrZXl3b3JkPXRvIGtpbGwgYSBtb2NraW5nYmlyZA>,
The Great Gatsby
<https://www.npr.org/2021/01/01/951171599/party-like-its-1925-on-public-domain-day-gatsby-and-dalloway-are-in>,
or other famous classics can find audiobook versions through these
sources.

Additionally, the copyright has expired on these famous classics
<https://www.npr.org/2021/01/01/951171599/party-like-its-1925-on-public-domain-day-gatsby-and-dalloway-are-in>
from 1925.

Best, Michelle Walsh

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 7:12 AM Meyer, Gail via AISLE <

> A teacher inquired about Learning Ally to provide students with audio
> versions of the books we use in the curriculum. Does anyone use this site?
> Thoughts on it?
>

> Alternatively, what are high schools doing to have audiobooks available
> for students with IEPs/504s – preferably ones that aren’t single use?
>

> Gail Meyer, Librarian
>
> TF South High School, Lansing, IL
>
> gmeyer at tfd215.org
>
> 708.585.2197

MPSD57 Technology Support for Remote Learning

   - Help Desk: At-Home Tech Assistance Form
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdsZXHvbDY6ue18Twv_8pPM479Zs8efnE3-qV4MU9lOJtDwYQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>
   - Tech assistance tickets received outside of remote learning hours will
   be responded to during the next remote learning day.

Parent Academy
<https://sites.google.com/d57.org/parentacademytechnology/home> | Student
Academy <https://sites.google.com/d57.org/student-academy-tech-dept/home>

M.A. Educational Administration, Type 75
SLMS, Type 03 & Type 10
LRC Director, Lincoln Middle School

--
All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the
Acceptable Use Policies of District 57, which may result in monitoring and