[aisle] 1:1--Loaners from Library

Kathy Wickline wicklinek at unity.k12.il.us
Thu Nov 4 09:42:16 CDT 2021

For students who forget their Chromebooks, they must first make a call
to parents.  We find that if we make it inconvenient for the parents, the
students must be getting reminders at home because very few are repeating.
I have a cart of loaners for students whose parents can't bring theirs to
school.  These are checked out in the library with a different color case
than what the students use to carry theirs home.  At the end of the day,
the teachers know if a student has this case to send the student to the
library during the last few minutes of class to return that Chromebook.

As far as charging goes, we just ask who in the classroom has a charger
that can be used to recharge for the hour.  If no one has that, then the
student is out of luck until the next hour, but we have never had that
happen yet. . .   Our high school has a charging station in the study hall
where students can leave their chromebooks during PE or charge if they have
a study hall.

Kathy Wickline
Unity Junior High Librarian
Tolono, IL
wicklinek at unity.k12.il.us

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ujhslibrary

On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 8:38 AM Renee Kozeal via AISLE <