[aisle] Advice on Weeding an ancient collection.....

Dawn Scuderi scuderi.dawn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 13:59:52 CST 2021

Hi All,

So my nonfiction collection is super old... like Titlewave says the average
age of 500 and 600 is 1994.

I really need to weed it but it is going to mean removing 90% of the
collection.  I won a grant for books (THANKS LBSS!!) and will be getting
about 75 new titles, but they are just going to be lost in this mess if I
don't remove the old stuff.

My question is this:  Do I pick a year like 2000 and remove everything
earlier than that (about 1/2) or should I just scrap it all?  The previous
librarian had bought 11 science books in the last 10 years....

This is not the only Dewey section that has to be weeded.. the whole
collection is terrible.  I am just starting with Science and Technology.

Any help would be awesome,

Dawn