[aisle] Tables with Whiteboard Tops?

Confer, MaryAnne mopysson at cps.edu
Tue Nov 30 10:59:31 CST 2021

Fiona,

I love the whiteboard tables that we have in the library. We've only had
them since August, but they are a hit with the students. The only downside
is that they can only be cleaned using Expo Marker or similar cleaner and
thus can't be truly sanitized. But otherwise, they are great.

On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 10:55 AM Griswold, Fiona via AISLE <

> We are in the early stages of converting a seldom-used computer lab into a
> collaborative working space for staff and students and have been looking
> for furnishings that would be adaptable for various functions (easily moved
> into different configurations, etc.)
>
> My admin found some wheeled tables that are height-adjustable, which look
> good. They also have whiteboard tops, which, in theory, seem like they
> would be useful. However, I have a suspicion that they may be difficult to
> maintain, prone to scratching and difficult to keep clean.
>
> If you have these types of tables in your library (or elsewhere in your
> building), I'd love to hear your thoughts about them: love them? hate them?
> Pros and cons?
>
> Since this will be a sizeable expense, I don't want to purchase something
> that won't last or that we will come to regret.
>
> Thanks!
> Fiona
>
> --
> *Fiona Griswold, MLIS (she/her)*
> *Librarian*
> Alton High School
> 618-474-2700
> Ext. 16281
>
> Currently Reading
> <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/139924658?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
> [image: Book Cover]
> <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/139924658?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>
> [image: Goodreads Logo]
> <https://www.goodreads.com/?utm_medium=gr_logo&utm_source=email_signature>Get
> your own email signature
> <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_instructions?utm_medium=gyo_link&utm_source=email_signature>

MaryAnne Confer (she/her/hers)

Librarian and Writing Center Director

Lindblom Math and Science Academy <https://lindblomeagles.org/>

6130 S. Wolcott Ave.

Chicago, IL 60636

https://lmsalibrary.weebly.com/

http://lindblomwritingcenter.weebly.com/

Recently read: The Dark Matter of Mona Starr
<https://pac.library.cps.edu/?config=7110#section=resource&resourceid=3662553442&currentIndex=0&view=fullDetailsDetailsTab>

Currently reading: Payback's a Witch
<https://chipublib.bibliocommons.com/v2/record/S126C2381810>

Currently listening to: Shadow of the Wind
<https://chipublib.bibliocommons.com/v2/record/S126C2132330>

Up next: Yolk
<https://pac.library.cps.edu/?config=7110#section=resource&resourceid=3913814014&currentIndex=0&view=fullDetailsDetailsTab>