[aisle] second language support

Amy Webb aswebb at usd116.org
Fri Sep 3 17:36:33 CDT 2021

I have students visit the library that speak a variety of languages:
Chinese, Turkish, Russian, to name a few.  I don't speak these languages.
We have books in those languages for students to check out, but does anyone
have ideas for ways to reach multilingual students and make library class
more meaningful for them?  I have the opportunity to apply for a grant, so
if you have tech, resources or other supports you use to help multi
language learners feel more included and bridge the language gap with their
English speaking librarian, I'd love some ideas!  Thank you!

--
Amy Webb (she/her/hers)
Librarian, King Elementary School
aswebb at usd116.org