[aisle] Battle of the Books - "buzzing in" and best practices

Hoppenjan, Ashley ahoppenjan at gusd120.k12.il.us
Tue Apr 5 11:14:44 CDT 2022

There's a website called Buzzin.live that you can use to allow students to
buzz in with answers. For small amounts of students, it's free. The paid
version is very reasonable, though.

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 11:04 AM Michelle Shippy via AISLE <

> We used Buzz In Live <https://buzzin.live/> last year for virtual
> scholastic bowl matches.  Each player would need to login to a device and
> then you can separate players into teams.  There is a fee, but I believe it
> lasts for a full year, and you could use it for other lessons/activities
> throughout the year to justify the cost (I don't remember off the top of my
> head how much it was).
>

> On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 10:54 AM Emily Meszaros via AISLE <
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm running a Battle of the Books in a few weeks and wanted to get some
>> tips on how to best track when teams "buzz in."  Last year I had a student
>> spotter who would look for the first hand up - but, as you can imagine,
>> that became a source of controversy.  ;-)
>>
>> How do you run your Battle of the Books buzzing in?  Any other tips or
>> best practices?  I definitely learned quickly that students needed to wait
>> until the question was READ to raise their hands!!  :D
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Emily
>>
>> --
>> Emily Meszaros, MLIS
>> Chelsea Elementary Library
>> Frankfort, IL
>> 815-469-2309 x.4531
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>

> --
> Michelle Shippy
> District Librarian, Winnebago CUSD #323
> 815-335-2336 x 2225
> | shippym at winnebagoschools.org
>
> Create your own email signature
> <https://www.wisestamp.com/create-own-signature/?utm_source=promotion&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=create_your_own&srcid=>
>
> This transmission is intended and restricted for use by the above
> addressee only and may contain CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION
> WHICH MAY BE EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER FEDERAL OR STATE LAW. Any
> unauthorized review, use, dissemination, distribution, downloading, or
> copying of this communication or any of its attachments is strictly
> immediately notify the listed sender by reply email, and take necessary
> steps to delete the file from your system and destroy any hard copies of
> this transmission.MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG

Ashley Hoppenjan
8th Grade English Language Arts
Galena Middle School

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This message contains confidential information