[aisle] Food in the library?

Katie Nelson katienelson at winnetka36.org
Fri Apr 22 13:45:36 CDT 2022

When I had the policy of no food in the library at my 7th and 8th grade
building, I would find fruits, chips, beverages, sandwiches, etc. shoved in
bookshelves, which inevitably led to mice.  However, I now allow students
to eat in the library and take lunch in the library. During orientation at
the beginning of the year I outline the expectations of cleaning up,
recycling, etc. to eat in the library.  I also have wipes and a vacuum that
students must use if they get extra messy.  It's MUCH better now not having
to be the Cheetos police.  If it becomes an issue (which it sometimes does)
I close the library for that period for a day or two, and it usually does
the trick.

Happy to field questions if it would be of help.
Katie

Katie Nelson
Washburne School

katienelson at winnetka36.org

On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 1:34 PM Lauren Ochs via AISLE <

Tech Support Help Desk:

  * help at winnetka36.org
<mailto:help at winnetka36.org>