[aisle] Job Opening- Public Library

Christy Semande csemande at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 09:48:57 CDT 2022

The director of the public library in my school district is retiring and the position has been posted through RAILS.  Sadly, I have learned that there have not been many applicants.  If you-or a public librarian you know-would be interested in working in a terrific community and collaborating with the school libraries, please consider applying. The application deadline is Monday, May 16.
------------Canton, Illinois, is a community of about 13,000 located 35 miles southwest of Peoria, Illinois. Canton has tremendous community spirit as well as an excellent school district, park district, and community college. The library, which was founded in 1894, has a total of 11 staff members. The Director reports to a nine-member Board. The annual budget is comprised of local tax monies as well as a generous endowment. The current operating budget is about $750,000.

Christy SemandeDistrict LibrarianCanton USD #66