[aisle] Vote For Clemente HS - Day 3!

Townhouse, Andie atownhouse at cps.edu
Wed Aug 3 10:46:08 CDT 2022

Hi All --
Thank you so much for your support and for following along with our
library's story these past three days!

Voting <https://www.heartofamerica.org/voting> continues to take place, so
please get those votes in and share the link with colleagues if you can!  I
had twelve students apply for CPL internships over the summer; in getting
the Clemente Library up and running again, our students saw a new possible
career path for their lives.  It made me cry on my lunch break.

Check out the latest issue (Aug. '22) of "The Advocate,"
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pa5kgkNCub-e_7ONgfoZMQuXxV2LBgmP/view>and
find our library on pg. 3.

...and check out this very awesome retweet by Neil Gaiman.  Yes, THAT Neil
Gaiman.

[image: IMG_5772.jpg]

Thank you again,
Andie

--

Currently Reading: *Ghost Boys *by Jewell Parker Rhodes

Andie Townhouse, M.A., M.L.I.S., Library Director/Pronouns: she / her /
hers / ella/ ona/ 她 /هي
*Roberto Clemente Community Academy*
tel: 773.534.4000 <(773)%20534-4000>
fax: 773.534.4003 <(773)%20534-4003>
@: atownhouse at cps.edu
web:  <http://goog_1333025299/>*www.rccachicago.org
<http://rccachicago.org/>*

*New! Book time for afternoon book talks here!
<http://calendly.com/atownhouse>*

*our school library is:*
[image: Rainbow logo which says: diverse, inclusive, accepting, welcoming,
safe space for everyone]

*“Libraries are a cornerstone of democracy—where information is free and
equally available to everyone. People tend to take that for granted, and
they don’t realize what is at stake when that is put at risk.” ― Carla
Hayden*