[aisle] 811 vs. 808.1

Brooke Fleuette fleuettebr at mercerschools.org
Wed Dec 7 14:21:27 CST 2022

We have recently dealt with this in our library.  I decided that the
students really didn't care whether the poems were in an anthology, all by
one author, or by an author in a different country. For simplicity's sake,
we made the call number for all poetry 811 and now they are discovering new
books that had been on the shelf the entire time.

On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 1:47 PM Lala Lala via AISLE <

> Hi
>
> We are in the process of weeding and reorganizing our poetry sections. It
> seems a mess with the same "type" of poetry in two different places. Some
> books are very old in our collection, maybe that's why. But can anyone
> weigh in with advice on reorganizing Poetry within the Dewey system?
>

> Thank you!
> Lori
>
> --
> Lori McGreal

Brooke Fleuette
Mercer County High School Library

Currently reading : * Love on the Brain* by Ali Greenwood
Currently listening to: *We Can't Keep Meeting Like This* by Rachel Lynn
Solomon