[aisle] Question for middle school librarians

Jordan Adams jadams at rccu1.net
Tue Dec 20 14:06:05 CST 2022

Hello,

I am in the process of re-doing my mature shelves for my 6-8 library. I
wasn't very... diligent whenever it came to making sure the mature books
were on the mature shelf because I believe that kids should read whatever
they need because what is not relevant to one student may be very relevant
to another. With that being said, I was wondering how you physically marked
the books that you label "mature" or for 8th grade or whatever wording you
use. I have put a note in their destiny records that they need to be
shelved on the mature shelf, but I am looking for some way to make knowing
the shelf that they go on easier, i.e. at first glance. I know I can just
place them to the side whenever I check books in and the mature shelf note
pops up, but I sometimes have others check in books and shelve them so I'm
looking for an easy way to tell the difference.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

--
*Jordan Adams, *MLIS
RCMS School Librarian

*Currently Reading:*