[aisle] Question for middle school librarians

Amy Williams amyloves2teach at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 14:11:23 CST 2022

What about putting a colored dot on the spine? They sell dot stickers in a
range of colors and sizes. Just a thought.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 2:06 PM Jordan Adams via AISLE <

> Hello,
>
> I am in the process of re-doing my mature shelves for my 6-8 library. I
> wasn't very... diligent whenever it came to making sure the mature books
> were on the mature shelf because I believe that kids should read whatever
> they need because what is not relevant to one student may be very relevant
> to another. With that being said, I was wondering how you physically marked
> the books that you label "mature" or for 8th grade or whatever wording you
> use. I have put a note in their destiny records that they need to be
> shelved on the mature shelf, but I am looking for some way to make knowing
> the shelf that they go on easier, i.e. at first glance. I know I can just
> place them to the side whenever I check books in and the mature shelf note
> pops up, but I sometimes have others check in books and shelve them so I'm
> looking for an easy way to tell the difference.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
>
> --
> *Jordan Adams, *MLIS
> RCMS School Librarian
>

> *Currently Reading:*

Amy Williams
District Librarian, Auburn School District
511 N 7th St, Auburn, IL 62615
(217) 438-6817
Library Teacher because Book Wizard isn't an official job title.