[aisle] Question for middle school librarians

Monica Fumarolo mfumarolo at d101.org
Tue Dec 20 16:40:26 CST 2022

I know you said spine space is already limited, but this is what I use the
YA stickers from Demco for in my 6-8 building. You could always put them on
the front or back covers as well so it's only really noticeable to those
who actually pick up the book.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 2:06 PM Jordan Adams via AISLE <

> Hello,
>
> I am in the process of re-doing my mature shelves for my 6-8 library. I
> wasn't very... diligent whenever it came to making sure the mature books
> were on the mature shelf because I believe that kids should read whatever
> they need because what is not relevant to one student may be very relevant
> to another. With that being said, I was wondering how you physically marked
> the books that you label "mature" or for 8th grade or whatever wording you
> use. I have put a note in their destiny records that they need to be
> shelved on the mature shelf, but I am looking for some way to make knowing
> the shelf that they go on easier, i.e. at first glance. I know I can just
> place them to the side whenever I check books in and the mature shelf note
> pops up, but I sometimes have others check in books and shelve them so I'm
> looking for an easy way to tell the difference.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
>
> --
> *Jordan Adams, *MLIS
> RCMS School Librarian
>

> *Currently Reading:*

*Ms. Monica Fumarolo*, MSLIS, NBCT
Librarian
*McClure Junior High School*
she/her/hers

--
This email transmission contains information from Western Springs School
District 101 which is confidential or privileged. This information is