[aisle] Printing Controls at schools with 1:1 Devices

Beverly Zbinden bevzbi at d219.org
Tue Feb 1 09:33:48 CST 2022

Monica,
Our tech department went with a company called Papercut
<https://www.papercut.com/>. This is our first year with students being
held accountable for their printing and it has cut down tremendously on
waste. Students/staff send their documents to the papercut printer (one
choice for students, one for staff) and then they can release their
document from any Papercut printer (Canon printer w/Papercut installed) in
the building. Staff can use their IDs to release the document and students
each have 4-digit pins that will release the document. At the start of the
school year we were busy showing students how to print, but at this point
there are relatively few issues. Students are allotted 70 prints a month
(color counts for two) and if they need more they can request an additional
amount. This shift occurred in conjunction with the replacement of the
printers in our district.
Hope that helps,
Bev
Beverly Zbinden
Head Librarian @ Niles North High School
(847)626-2183
*Pronouns: she/her/hers*

"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks
about education."
  - Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 9:14 AM Monica Fumarolo via AISLE <