[aisle] Video of Oprah Episode with Little Rock Nine

Townhouse, Andie atownhouse at cps.edu
Wed Feb 9 09:25:31 CST 2022

Hi!
There's the full 35-minute episode on a website called dailymotion.com
(user name who posted it is powerspyin1). The link works on my phone, but
not on this computer, so not sure if this is much help...

Integration Of Schools (Little Rock Nine) 1996 - Dailymotion
https://www.dailymotion.com › video
<https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7v5pma>
[image: image.jpeg]
35:45
<https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7v5pma>
Watch The Oprah Winfrey Show - Integration Of Schools (Little Rock Nine)
1996 - powerspyin1 on Dailymotion.
Dailymotion · powerspyin1 · Jul 22, 2020

On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 9:00 AM Monica Fumarolo via AISLE <

> Hello all!
>
> I've been scouring the internet and find myself stuck. My 7th grade
> classes are reading Lions of Little Rock and the teacher would like to show
> the Oprah episode from 1996 when she had the Little Rock Nine on to talk
> about their experiences. I know it's a bit of a Hail Mary, but is there
> anyone out there with a copy of this? There are bits and pieces on YouTube,
> and I tried looking into buying a copy from Harpo Studios, but they don't
> sell them.
>
> Any thoughts or leads would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Monica
>
> --
>
> she/her/hers
>
> This email transmission contains information from Western Springs School
> District 101 which is confidential or privileged. This information is
> intended to be for the use of the addressed individual or entity.  If you
> are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
> distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If
> you have received this transmission in error, please notify us by replying
> to the sender immediately.MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG

Currently Reading: *Dear Memory* by Victory Chang

Andie Townhouse, M.A., M.L.I.S., Library Director/Pronouns: she / her /
hers / ella/ ona/ 她 /هي
*Roberto Clemente Community Academy*
tel: 773.534.4000 <(773)%20534-4000>
fax: 773.534.4003 <(773)%20534-4003>
@: atownhouse at cps.edu
web:  <http://goog_1333025299/>*www.rccachicago.org
<http://rccachicago.org/>*

*New! Book time for afternoon book talks here!
<http://calendly.com/atownhouse>*

*our school library is:*
[image: Rainbow logo which says: diverse, inclusive, accepting, welcoming,
safe space for everyone]
The Critical Cataloging Project at CPS, led by CPS librarians, is working
to adjust the subject headings and keywords that are used to locate books
in our catalog. Some of these terms are historically racist, sexist,
ableist, and heteronormative. Words matter.

We hope to join with other organizations who are also doing this work,
creating new norms and advocating for terms that are representative of our
society today.

To show your support of this work, and commitment to respectful cataloguing
language, please fill out this short form from the link below.

#WordsMatterCPS

Click here to support Critical Cataloguing at CPS!
<https://forms.gle/aFRYWnRvkkcDANb38>