[aisle] Going 1:1... any practical advice?

Toner, Timothy tgtoner at cps.edu
Wed Feb 9 11:29:32 CST 2022

[After sending it, I realized that I forgot to change the subject line.
Apologies for the repost.  Also, I know something like this has been
discussed before. If someone could give me an idea of when, I will examine
the archives myself]

Hello hive mind!

My high school is in the process of going 1:1 with Chromebooks, and I would
love to learn some best practices when it comes to the day-to-day stuff.
We know students will not bring their devices (we have that covered) and we
know that students will bring their devices uncharged.  We're setting up
charging stations, but the logistics seem daunting.  If your school had
protocols set up, I'd love to see them.  I've seen a lot of high level
"this is how 1:1 will change everything" and low level "Q: What happens
when my child forgets to charge their device? A: Students should always
come to school with a charged device"  I'm looking for something in between.

tt

Timothy Toner
Librarian
John Hancock College Prep HS