[aisle] Book challenge(S)

Dekorsi, Suzanne sdekorsi at millburn24.net
Tue Jan 25 12:21:24 CST 2022

IL Law
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/597093/lgbtq-history-required-curriculum-illinois-public-schools

I have no letter but we had a few Elementary not happy with Monarch:* Pride
the story of Harvey Milk*
I gave my principal a 'heads up' and he reminded me that the Library is
doing the school a favor- this is law now.

All New Laws:
https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/12/30/2022-brings-new-laws-to-illinois-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

*Check out my Donors Choose Project: HERE
<https://www.donorschoose.org/project/5th-8th-grade-multi-aged-collaborative/6067562/?utm_source=dc&utm_medium=directlink&utm_campaign=teacherhub&utm_term=teacher_5627859&rf=directlink-dc-2021-12-teacherhub-teacher_5627859&challengeid=21233793>*
*Follow me on: *
*TWITTER: @YOURMEDIACENTER <https://twitter.com/yourmediacenter>*

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 11:56 AM Leah Krippner via AISLE <

> So I am finally in the crosshairs. If any of you have already drafted an
> eloquent defense of any of these works, if you could share it off list, I
> would be most appreciative. I got handed eight (8) challenge forms
> yesterday. Drowning.
>
> Perez. *Out of Darkness*
> Evison. *Lawn Boy: A Novel*
> Jackson. *Monday's Not Coming: A Novel*
> Kuklin. *Beyond Magenta: Transgender Teens Speak Out*
> Kobabe. *Gender Queer: A Memoir*
> Sanchez. *I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter*
> Sones. *Opposite of Innocent*
> Morrison. *The Bluest Eye*
> Kobabe. *Gender Queer*
>
> leah.krippner at harlem122.org
>
> --
> Leah Krippner
> Pronouns: she/her
> Librarian, Harlem High School
> Currently Reading: *1984: The Graphic Novel*, adapted and illustrated by
> Fido Nesti
> Library Website
> <https://sites.google.com/harlem122.org/hhs/Harlem-High-School/IMC?authuser=0>
>

> ------------------------------
> *This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is
> privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
> If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
> notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or
> communication of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
> this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
> e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.*

[image: Mailtrack]
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality11&>
Sender
notified by