[aisle] activity for students

Sarah R srudenga at sd161.org
Mon Mar 14 11:31:50 CDT 2022

Good morning!  One of my students' favorite activities is a Media Center
Scavenger Hunt.  They have to use OPAC to find the call number and then go
find the book on the shelves to get the title of the next book they need to
find.  I've found it gets them using OPAC and gives them good practice at
using the call numbers to find books on the shelves!  They usually work in
teams for this event.  I can share the paper they have to fill out if
you're interested.  Have a great day!
Sarah Rudenga

Currently Reading:                                         Currently
Listening To:
  [image: Amazon.com: City of Lies (Keepers (Quality)): 9780375859793:
Tanner, Lian: Books]                                    [image: The Wizards
of Once (The Wizards of Once, #1) by Cressida Cowell]

Sarah Rudenga
Media Center Coordinator
Parker Junior High School
Flossmoor, IL
srudenga at sd161.org

On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 11:17 AM Wyatt, Paula via AISLE <

> I am looking for an engaging activity to do with students to have them
> practice using the online cataloging system.  I have shown it to them, but
> they are not using it proficiently.  I want them to discover the
> information that is available (reviews, locations etc) as well as expose
> them to new titles.
>
> *Paula Wyatt, MS., MA., NBCT*
> *Beaubien Elementary School Librarian*
>

> [image: Positive Discipline | Laura Atack Positive Discipline | France]
> Beaubien Elementary School Librarian
>
> Libraries are . . . essential to the functioning of a democratic society .
> . .libraries are the great symbols of the freedom of the mind.  Franklin
> D. Roosevelt
>
> *Click to see my projects at http://www.donorschoose.org/pa
> <http://www.donorschoose.org/paulawyatt>**ulawyatt
> <http://www.donorschoose.org/paulawyatt>*
> *Please consider a donation!*

*E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public
records law. Most written communications (including email) to or from
school district officials and staff are public records available to the
public and media upon request. Your email communications may therefore be
subject to public disclosure. Flossmoor School District 161*