[aisle] Staff Lost Items Questions

Holtz, Alan C. (BMS) holtzac at vvsd.org
Mon Mar 21 12:32:32 CDT 2022

Good afternoon Tiffany,

Welcome to the profession. Bad records and outdated records will drive ya nuts.

What I did was contact the teachers and asked them to look for the items. If they claimed they didn’t have it, I marked it as lost without a fine and just left it there.

Please note, it took multiple years and multiple annual emails to explain that we just want clean records. It’s now at the point that my teachers understand that and the system works. Here’s what I currently send out at the beginning of May:

Dear :
For your reference, below is a list of what you may have checked out. Please let me know if your records differ. We just need to clean up our records.
If it is a portable overhead projector (LCD or transparency), please return it to the library on or before May 23.
If it is another type of AV item, please email me the barcode numbers and keep it.
If you switch rooms, take it with you.
If it is a book, video, the SMARTboard supplies (the bin with pens/cables/eraser), projector remote, Chromebook chargers, power towers/surge protectors, please return it on or before May 24.
Thanks, Alan