[aisle] Staff Lost Items Questions

Christine Wilson wilson.christine at d46.org
Mon Mar 21 10:50:11 CDT 2022

Our staff don't have a due date, so we often have this problem too. I start
by sending them the same end of year notices that I send students - 'you
still have these items out', or similar.  In years when I have student
helpers, I ask teachers for permission for the helpers to come in and check
their classroom libraries to make sure  they didn't get misplaced there -
it happens quite often. Teacher check out limits are set to 100 items, and
their time is until the end of the school year, so there aren't any huge
reminders during the year.  But teachers are usually pretty responsible
about it . Usually they've just forgotten, or set the book aside, and they
are eager to clear their account.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2022 at 10:41 AM Tiffany Ouellette via AISLE <

> Hello!
>
> I am a first year librarian, and I wanted to throw a question out for
> thoughts and input.
>
> I have a large number of elementary teachers who have had books out for
> years and they have not been returned. I am wanting to encourage people to
> return these books, so that others may use them. I am sure some of these
> books have been lost. I have gathered from talking to our district office,
> that our staff have not been fined for lost books.
>
> I am curious how your libraries handle this type of situation?
>
> With the end of the year approaching, I would like to give them as much
> notice as possible to give them time to potentially find these books.
>
> Appreciate your help and thoughts on this in advance.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> --
> *Mrs. Tiffany Ouellette*
> *(Pronouns: She/Her/Hers)*
> *West Central High School English Teacher & District Librarian*
> Social Media Intern Coordinator, Class Sponsor, Student Council Advisor
>
> #WCHeatPride

#StaySafe

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School