[aisle] Library Design

Rebecca Dougherty rebecca.dougherty at schechter.org
Tue May 3 11:20:46 CDT 2022

I hope you move beyond the dream to reality, Liz! We are renovating our
library this summer into a learning commons as part of a larger building
project including a new art room, makerspace, prayer space, and entryway.
We are using Perkins & Will as our architect and purchased furniture
through their vendors along with picture book browsers with drawers that
pullout underneath from Demco. We'll have primarily perimeter shelving with
built-in bookends (yay!) opening up the space. We are a K8 school and will
have a dedicated classroom for 3rd grade and up for information literacy
instruction as opposed to the open library/hallway space we have now, and a
separate story time/reading room for K-2nd grade. I am very excited about
this curved seating with the high tabletop behind!

 2019-08-21 17.20.27.jpg
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EWC0pCfrY2ArTPLA9Fi4qzN4dAyAr_Vl/view?usp=drive_web>

Best of luck!
Rebecca Dougherty, MLS
Librarian
she, her, hers

On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 10:54 AM Liz Delzell via AISLE <