[aisle] Library Design

Kristie Cerniglia kcerniglia at district31.net
Tue May 3 17:22:36 CDT 2022

We have the same furniture in our elementary school and the bigger versions
in our middle school.  The spaces are beautiful and welcoming and the
students and staff love it!

On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 11:21 AM Rebecca Dougherty via AISLE <

> I hope you move beyond the dream to reality, Liz! We are renovating our
> library this summer into a learning commons as part of a larger building
> project including a new art room, makerspace, prayer space, and entryway.
> We are using Perkins & Will as our architect and purchased furniture
> through their vendors along with picture book browsers with drawers that
> pullout underneath from Demco. We'll have primarily perimeter shelving with
> built-in bookends (yay!) opening up the space. We are a K8 school and will
> have a dedicated classroom for 3rd grade and up for information literacy
> instruction as opposed to the open library/hallway space we have now, and a
> separate story time/reading room for K-2nd grade. I am very excited about
> this curved seating with the high tabletop behind!
>

>  2019-08-21 17.20.27.jpg
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EWC0pCfrY2ArTPLA9Fi4qzN4dAyAr_Vl/view?usp=drive_web>
>
> Best of luck!
> Rebecca Dougherty, MLS
> Librarian
> she, her, hers
>
> On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 10:54 AM Liz Delzell via AISLE <
>
>> Hey, all!
>>
>> I am interested in exploring new shelving and seating options for my K-4
>> library as well as changing the overall layout. Can you please suggest
>> books, articles, resources, or any company or consultant that you've worked
>> with?
>>
>> To be clear, there are no special funds for this project - this is
>> dreaming and planning.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> <https://twitter.com/Liz_Delzell>
>>

>> Tech Support Help Desk:
>>
>>    - help at winnetka36.org
>>
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/

Mrs. Kristie Cerniglia
kcerniglia at district31.net
@kcernig1
847-313-4466
LMC Director
Field Middle School

*If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're
right! - Henry Ford*