[aisle] change in circ rules / no fines

Kristen Oster osterk at wesclin.org
Mon Nov 28 09:51:20 CST 2022

Our policy is that students can have two books at a time. They cannot check
out another book if they have any overdue books.

Students are encouraged to renew books every two weeks (some do; most do
not), but if a book has been requested by another student and it has been
out for a long period (over a month), I will track down the student who has
it to alert the student that someone is waiting to read it. In those cases,
I give the student an additional week and then the student must return it.
This is a rare occurrence.

Two weeks before the end of each semester, I run overdue notices and have
English teachers give them to their students. I then run an announcement in
the school bulletin for two weeks for students to return or renew overdue
books because fine notices will be sent home at the end of the semester.
This usually gets them motivated to take care of their responsibility, as I
only have to send home a handful of fine notices at the end of each
semester. Thankfully, most books are magically returned or paid for once
parents are alerted that their student has an overdue library book.

*Kristen Oster*
*Wesclin CUSD #3*
*Librarian*
*Rhetoric and Research Teacher*
*618-224-7341 x 5101*

On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 9:06 AM Brooke Fleuette via AISLE <