[aisle] Holiday decorations/display

Leanne Brown lbrown at orland135.org
Mon Nov 28 10:32:58 CST 2022

I put up an "everything tree." It has white lights, and after the students
check out books they will have an opportunity to grab materials to make an
item to decorate tree throughout the month of December. These items are
representative of many of the cultures of the students in my building.

Diya -- lantern used during Diwali
Poinsettia -- common decoration Mexico
Fanoos -- Egyptian lantern put up during Ramadan

These are a few that will be available, I'm researching more by speaking
with my students about their tradition. This is my first year doing this,
so I hope it goes well!

Leanne Brown, MLIS
Librarian
Meadow Ridge School
10959 W. 159th Street
Orland Park, IL 60467
(708) 364-3600

On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 10:16 AM Gina Caneva via AISLE <