[aisle] Native American YA book title suggestions?

Christine Wilson wilson.christine at d46.org
Wed Oct 26 08:32:11 CDT 2022

I know Sherman Alexie is out of favor, but if you look at the art and not
the artist, The absolutely true diary of a part-time Indian
<https://www.titlewave.com/search?active_filter=&active_tab=allTitles&card1.x=1&duplicates_view=&page=1&search_within_type=&within_search=1>
 is good.

Debbie Reese's lists are a good starting point.

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 8:27 AM Flaherty, Megan via AISLE <

> Have you checked out Dr. Debbie Reese’s blog, “American Indians in
> Children’s Literature
> <https://americanindiansinchildrensliterature.blogspot.com/p/best-books.html>”?
> She has a wealth of information and reviews on Native Americans in
> children’s literature, from picture books to YA. You can look at her
> recommended lists as well as search books that you are curious about.

#StaySafe

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School