[aisle] Clemente HS Update...

Feeley, Francis fafeeley at cps.edu
Thu Sep 8 09:29:15 CDT 2022

Andie, that is AMAZING news! I am so happy for you and your students!

On Thu, Sep 8, 2022 at 9:04 AM Townhouse, Andie via AISLE <

> Hi All --
> I just wanted to share that Clemente High School is the recipient of the
> 2022-23 Heart of America NATIONAL grant!!!!  An announcement will be coming
> out shortly!
>
> Out of 16,500 votes, Clemente received 7,000 -- nearly half the votes!!!
>
> I can't thank everyone on this listserv enough for their help, support,
> love, and good energy.  This contest felt like a trust fall, and AISLE
> members near and far extended their arms to us.
>
> I don't quite have all the words yet (for once :)), but please know, in my
> heart, I see each of you as the way pavers in this deep and important
> journey.
>
> I'd love to share updates of the space, and I'll have more of a timeframe
> of things like the ribbon-cutting ceremony once the work is complete.
>
> The support I have received from AISLE and its members has truly been a
> boulder of joy in my life.
>
> Thank you for being my traveling companion,
> -Andie
>
> --
> [image: Cover image for Messy roots : a graphic memoir...]
>
> Currently Reading: *Messy Roots *by Laura Gao
>
> Andie Townhouse, M.A., M.L.I.S., Library Director/Pronouns: she / her /
> hers / ella/ ona/ 她 /هي
> *Roberto Clemente Community Academy*
> tel: 773.534.4000 <(773)%20534-4000>
> fax: 773.534.4003 <(773)%20534-4003>
> @: atownhouse at cps.edu
> web:  <http://goog_1333025299/>*www.rccachicago.org
> <http://rccachicago.org/>*
>
> [image: Image]
>
> *New! Book time for afternoon book talks here!
> <http://calendly.com/atownhouse>*
>
> *our school library is:*
> [image: Rainbow logo which says: diverse, inclusive, accepting, welcoming,
> safe space for everyone]
>
> *“Libraries are a cornerstone of democracy—where information is free and
> equally available to everyone. People tend to take that for granted, and
> they don’t realize what is at stake when that is put at risk.” ― Carla
> Hayden*

*Fran Feeley, NBCT*
School Librarian  fafeeley at cps.edu
http://jcplibrary.weebly.com/  (website)
https://jcplibrary.weebly.com/library-newsblog (blog)
pronouns: he, him, his

*I am working on becoming an anti-racist teacher. I'm ready to talk about
it.*

*Click here <https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/1825348-fran?shelf=read>
to see what I have been reading lately. Reach out to discuss!*
[image: peacefully reading]

*William Jones College Preparatory High School*
700 South State Street
Chicago IL 60605
GSR #38
http://www.jonescollegeprep.org