[aisle] Clemente HS Update...

Tasha Squires tsquires at dg58.org
Thu Sep 8 09:34:37 CDT 2022

I'm sooooooo very happy for you! I know I voted and shared it on my
Facebook page, but clearly you reached lots of people!

Congratulations!!!!! Can't wait to see the space as it progresses!

On Thu, Sep 8, 2022 at 9:04 AM Townhouse, Andie via AISLE <

> Hi All --
> I just wanted to share that Clemente High School is the recipient of the
> 2022-23 Heart of America NATIONAL grant!!!!  An announcement will be coming
> out shortly!
>
> Out of 16,500 votes, Clemente received 7,000 -- nearly half the votes!!!
>
> I can't thank everyone on this listserv enough for their help, support,
> love, and good energy.  This contest felt like a trust fall, and AISLE
> members near and far extended their arms to us.
>
> I don't quite have all the words yet (for once :)), but please know, in my
> heart, I see each of you as the way pavers in this deep and important
> journey.
>
> I'd love to share updates of the space, and I'll have more of a timeframe
> of things like the ribbon-cutting ceremony once the work is complete.
>
> The support I have received from AISLE and its members has truly been a
> boulder of joy in my life.
>
> Thank you for being my traveling companion,
> -Andie
>
> --
> [image: Cover image for Messy roots : a graphic memoir...]
>
> Currently Reading: *Messy Roots *by Laura Gao
>
> Andie Townhouse, M.A., M.L.I.S., Library Director/Pronouns: she / her /
> hers / ella/ ona/ 她 /هي
> *Roberto Clemente Community Academy*
> tel: 773.534.4000 <(773)%20534-4000>
> fax: 773.534.4003 <(773)%20534-4003>
> @: atownhouse at cps.edu
> web:  <http://goog_1333025299/>*www.rccachicago.org
> <http://rccachicago.org/>*
>
> [image: Image]
>
> *New! Book time for afternoon book talks here!
> <http://calendly.com/atownhouse>*
>
> *our school library is:*
> [image: Rainbow logo which says: diverse, inclusive, accepting, welcoming,
> safe space for everyone]
>
> *“Libraries are a cornerstone of democracy—where information is free and
> equally available to everyone. People tend to take that for granted, and
> they don’t realize what is at stake when that is put at risk.” ― Carla
> Hayden*

Tasha Squires
O'Neill Middle School
School Librarian
tsquires at dg58.org
(630) 719-5815

Author of Library Partnerships: Making Connections Between School and
Public Libraries, 2009, Information Today, Inc.