[aisle] Destiny

Kari S klf.stevenson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 14:15:50 CDT 2022

I can't speak to the details of it all but I'm pretty sure there is a way
to batch merge.

HOWEVER, I am still cleaning up records that were batch merged by someone
in our district a few years ago. Every book titled the same merged despite
being totally different books. So I have multiple books called Bears merged
into the same title record. All of my Vietnam War books were clumped
together. etc. Just be aware of that.

On Tue, 20 Sept 2022 at 11:57, Kathryn Green via AISLE <

> Hello Collective Mind-
>
> My district does pay for Follett tech support. I am hoping to hone this
> question first.
>
> Our HS and middle school Destiny accounts were merged into one this
> September.
>
> I have multiple MARC records (for the same title) in Destiny in three
> different school libraries. I know that I can merge them one book at a
> time, but who has time for that? (I am aware that some of the titles do not
> belong in a high school or a grade school.)
>
> Is there a global update I can do to merge all these records into one?
>
> Is there a way to update the older MARC records into newer versions?
>
> I have found authors who have changed the name of their series halfway
> through. How do I update this information in a big way rather than one at a
> time?
>
> Thank you for any direction. (I am open to using the correct vocabulary as
> well)
>
> Kathryn Green
> Oregon CUSD#220
> District Librarian
> Email: liveaboveline at yahoo.com
> Phone: 815-732-5300 ext: 2335
>

> *Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. *
> *~ Joseph Addison* ~

*Kari Stevenson*