[aisle] I Need Help! Angry Teachers, K-1 Lesson Ideas

Ann Gass amgass at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 13:02:56 CST 2023

I currently have a similar situation- 20 minutes weekly in 1-5 school, not
plan time so teachers  are expected to stay. I’m not sure how much more you
can put in that time? Once they get in, a picture book and checkout is
tight squeeze. Can you switch to checkout every other week to maximize
teaching time? So you can add activities with the story? Or just checkout
in that 15 minute time to use the 25 best?

I’m sure it’s an adjustment for the teachers; I was the assistant there
years ago. Then, they had a 40 minute and a 20 minute library each week in
k-2. What is the district stance? They put this ridiculous schedule in
place. The union, if you’re in it?

Never give up hope! Next year our district is upping library from 20 to 40
minutes.

On Sat, Feb 25, 2023 at 12:32 PM Karrie Fisher via AISLE <