[aisle] Student Confidentiality and Library Records

Karrie Fisher kfisher at district31.net
Fri Jan 20 12:49:38 CST 2023

I send reminder letters to parents for K-5.  The reminders also go to my
3-5 students.

In my middle school, I send reminders that their books are due/overdue to
students in grades 6-8.  Parents only get the email for 30+ overdue -
"please pay for this book" reminder. At that point the parents become
involved.  I do it this way so the 6-8 kids have some privacy about what
books they've checked out.

That being said, if a parent wants to know what book their kid has checked
out, I tell them.  I do not tell teachers, however.

Search The Card Catalog
<https://district31.follettdestiny.com/common/servlet/logout.do?tm=>

Happily Ever After,
Karrie Fisher
District Librarian

[image: Bitmoji Image]
Winkelman Elementary School * 1919 Landwehr Road * Glenview, IL  60026 *
847-729-5650

Field Middle School * 2055 Landwehr Road * Northbrook, IL 60062
847--272-6884

On Fri, Jan 20, 2023 at 12:36 PM Sara Bell via AISLE <