[aisle] Scholastic book fair options

Kristi Pierce ksmith at marionunit2.org
Mon Mar 6 10:48:59 CST 2023

Hello all!

With all the new policies recently at Scholastic, profit has been
significantly minimized.  I am looking for a new place for book
fairs/fundraising.  It is sad because our library has hosted multiple fairs
a year for 30+ years.  I rarely get annoyed, but after fantastic work with
Scholastic for decades, the changes are just not beneficial for us.

I know about Barnes & Nobel, but that really doesn't work when it is
another town away and I have younger kids.  Follett stopped theirs.  That
would have been my next option.  Any more ideas?

I'd also kinda like an idea of how many others have dropped Scholastic
Fairs.  I really don't want to be the only one.

Thanks for any advice!!

Kristi L.S. Pierce
Certified Library Media Spec.
Certified Educational Technology Spec.