[aisle] Scholastic book fair options

Weinberger, Colleen cweinberger at wcusd200.org
Mon Mar 6 10:54:51 CST 2023

I use Literati Book Fairs.  They bought all of Follett's Book Fair rolling
carts and materials.  It is a very easy setup and that is one of the
reasons I love it.  I have 3 elementary school libraries to run.  So it is
the only company I use when I have 3 simultaneous fairs twice a year!

On Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 10:49 AM Kristi Pierce via AISLE <

> Hello all!
>
> With all the new policies recently at Scholastic, profit has been
> significantly minimized.  I am looking for a new place for book
> fairs/fundraising.  It is sad because our library has hosted multiple fairs
> a year for 30+ years.  I rarely get annoyed, but after fantastic work with
> Scholastic for decades, the changes are just not beneficial for us.
>
> I know about Barnes & Nobel, but that really doesn't work when it is
> another town away and I have younger kids.  Follett stopped theirs.  That
> would have been my next option.  Any more ideas?
>
> I'd also kinda like an idea of how many others have dropped Scholastic
> Fairs.  I really don't want to be the only one.
>
> Thanks for any advice!!
>
> Kristi L.S. Pierce
> Certified Library Media Spec.
> Certified Educational Technology Spec.