[aisle] Elementary librarians - Gathering information - can really use your help

Michelle Harris harrism at husd4.org
Fri Mar 10 14:34:58 CST 2023

City / District / School: Heyworth, Heyworth CUSD #4, HEyworth Elementary
Grades: PreK-6th
Hours of school day: M-F: 8:00-3:00 for library clerk,  T-W-Th 8:00-3:00
for Librarian
Full day or half day Kindergarten: Full Day Kindergarten, Preschool is half
days.
Times of specials - as shown below

*Special*

Art

Music

PE

STEM

Library

*Times per week*

*1x per week or 2x per week**

*1x per week or 2x per week**

*2x *per week, but everyone gets a daily 15 min. recess.

*Daily for 3 weeks at a time. *(Each grade level has 3 classes, so in one
quarter (9 weeks), each class gets to rotate through STEM one time.

1 class period with Librarian every other week for a Library lesson.  Book
Checkout weekly...may be with Librarian, might be with clerk.

*Total time*

40 mins

40 mins

40 mins + daily 15 mins.

40 mins, daily for 3 weeks.

45 mins for 5th/6th. 30 mins for everyone else. Grades 1-4 also schedule a
separate book check-out time with the clerk.

On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 7:13 PM DB Librarian via AISLE <

> Hello elementary librarians!
>
> This is the first time I have ever asked a question on here - but thought
> this might be the easiest way to find out information.  I tried looking on
> websites but often the information is not readily available.
>
> My district has just voted to go to full-day kindergarten - starting this
> August.  So we are trying to figure out schedules.
>
> I would really appreciate it if librarians from elementary schools could
> chime in with some information.
>
> (If I was better at google I'd do a form - but I'm not - so here are the
> questions):
>
> City / District / School:
> Grades (e.g., K-5)
> Hours of school day:
> Full day or half day Kindergarten
> Times of specials - as shown below
>

> *Special*
>

> Art
>
> Music
>
> PE
>
> STEM
>
> Library
>
> Other
>
> *Times per week*
>
> *Total time*
>

> One final question: Do you do report cards?  If so, which grades? And
> grading what? (standards or behaviors)?
>
> I so so appreciate your information. I've spent the last hour going to
> different websites and not finding information. These details will help me
> day kindergarten. Please note, even if you have half day, I'd still love to
> know your details.
>
> Thanks so much! Truly appreciate it!
> Danielle

*Michelle Harris*