[aisle] Elementary librarians - Gathering information - can really use your help

Nichole Folkman nfolkman at hartem.org
Sat Mar 18 14:08:40 CDT 2023

City / District / School: Hartsburg-Emden CUSD #21/ Emden Elementary

Grades (e.g., K-5): k-5 building

Hours of school day: 8-3:11

Full day or half day Kindergarten: full day

Times of specials - as shown below

Special

Art

Music

PE

STEM

Library

Other

Times per week

2

2

5

0

2

Total time

1.25 hours

1 hour

2.5 hours

0

1 hour

One final question:  Do you do report cards?  If so, which grades? And
grading what? (standards or behaviors)? We do have report cards, but my
kindergarten teacher does a different report card than the rest of the
school.

We do have report cards. Our kindergarten and 1st grade report cards are
different and are standards-based with markers like approaching,
developing, mastered– stuff like that.

On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 2:35 PM Michelle Harris via AISLE <

> City / District / School: Heyworth, Heyworth CUSD #4, HEyworth Elementary
> Grades: PreK-6th
> Hours of school day: M-F: 8:00-3:00 for library clerk,  T-W-Th 8:00-3:00
> for Librarian
> Full day or half day Kindergarten: Full Day Kindergarten, Preschool is
> half days.
> Times of specials - as shown below
>
> *Special*
>

> Art
>
> Music
>

> PE
>

> STEM
>

> Library
>

> *Times per week*
>

> *1x per week or 2x per week**
>
> *1x per week or 2x per week**
>

> *2x *per week, but everyone gets a daily 15 min. recess.
>

> *Daily for 3 weeks at a time. *(Each grade level has 3 classes, so in one
> quarter (9 weeks), each class gets to rotate through STEM one time.
>

> 1 class period with Librarian every other week for a Library lesson.  Book
> Checkout weekly...may be with Librarian, might be with clerk.
>
> *Total time*
>

> 40 mins
>
> 40 mins
>

> 40 mins + daily 15 mins.
>

> 40 mins, daily for 3 weeks.
>

> 45 mins for 5th/6th. 30 mins for everyone else. Grades 1-4 also schedule a
> separate book check-out time with the clerk.
>

> On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 7:13 PM DB Librarian via AISLE <
>
>> Hello elementary librarians!
>>
>> This is the first time I have ever asked a question on here - but thought
>> this might be the easiest way to find out information.  I tried looking on
>> websites but often the information is not readily available.
>>
>> My district has just voted to go to full-day kindergarten - starting this
>> August.  So we are trying to figure out schedules.
>>
>> I would really appreciate it if librarians from elementary schools could
>> chime in with some information.
>>
>> (If I was better at google I'd do a form - but I'm not - so here are the
>> questions):
>>
>> City / District / School:
>> Grades (e.g., K-5)
>> Hours of school day:
>> Full day or half day Kindergarten
>> Times of specials - as shown below
>>

>> *Special*
>>

>> Art
>>
>> Music
>>
>> PE
>>
>> STEM
>>
>> Library
>>
>> Other
>>
>> *Times per week*
>>
>> *Total time*
>>

>> One final question: Do you do report cards?  If so, which grades? And
>> grading what? (standards or behaviors)?
>>
>> I so so appreciate your information. I've spent the last hour going to
>> different websites and not finding information. These details will help me
>> day kindergarten. Please note, even if you have half day, I'd still love to
>> know your details.
>>
>> Thanks so much! Truly appreciate it!
> [...]

Thanks!
Nichole Folkman
K-12 Librarian/ STEAM Director
Creator and Director of Stags Read Community Literacy Program
Stags Read Twitter- @StagsRead
Creator of Postcard Field Trip Curriculum
www.postcardfieldtrip.weebly.com

Co-Chair of the AISLE Readers Choice Awards

Scholastic Bowl Coach
Antler/ Staglite Advisor

she/ her/ hers

Check out my projects at