[SWANcom] *Reminder* Symphony Server Database Maintenance and Required Use of Offline Mode Dec 3rd-4th

Steven Schlewitt steven at swanlibraries.net
Tue Nov 22 14:14:38 CST 2016

SWAN Member Library Staff:

Just a quick reminder of the upcoming database maintenance. Please note the correction on check-ins – we expect everything will be back online and ready for check-ins beginning Monday morning, instead of Tuesday, as originally posted.

A few other considerations…

-        Staff should only be performing checkout functions while offline. Please avoid any check-ins or patron registration. If a patron is registered using offline mode, please check for duplicates on Monday morning.

-        The Enterprise OPAC will only be searchable, and all My Account features, including fines payment, placement of holds, or checking library available will be inaccessible.

-        All patron notices will be suspended during the downtime. These notices will remain in queue until Monday morning.

-        All SIP2 connected hardware and vendor services will be inaccessible, including PC Reservation software and E-Book accounts. If offered by your vendor, you may want to make arrangements to run SIP2 services in an “unauthenticated” mode so that patrons will still have access to PC Reservation (without guest passes) and E-Book services.

-        We would urge all libraries to please take an opportunity in the upcoming weekends to test Offline mode with your weekend staff. This will ensure Offline is working correctly, that no intervention is required from your local IT to ensure functionality, and that files are saving/uploading as expected. Remember, Offline files are uploaded immediately when your library is back online and processed by SWAN servers overnight. Therefore, any check-outs performed during offline will be reflected on the next day.

For reference, SWAN’s WorkFlows Offline documentation can be found at the link below.
https://support.swanlibraries.net/system/files/Members%20Only/SWANTech/WorkFlowsOffline-3.5.pdf (L2 login required)

If you have any questions about Offline Mode or the upcoming downtime, please email help at swanlibraries.net<mailto:help at swanlibraries.net>.

Thank you,

Steven Schlewitt