[ISLMA-Share] Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller

Wed Aug 9 10:25:48 CDT 2017

Sue-
I was just thinking about this! I am currently a classroom teacher and I have done this the last two years with my students. The #1 indicator of student success has been me modeling this for the students. I keep track of MY 40 books and post it for the kids to read along with pictures of the book covers.
The next success tip I would give you is to be flexible about the genres. We have graphic novels on famous people.
I let the kids choose where to count it: informational, biographies, or graphic novels.

I'd love to chat this up further if you'd like. You can email me at lostin9books at gmail.com

Meredith Wodka

Sent from my iPhone