[ISLMA-Share] Battle of the Books

Tue Sep 5 12:22:29 CDT 2017

Hi all—

I am new to the school library this year and would like to start a Battle of the Books program in my school. We are an odd age range (4th-8th grade).

What does your BOTB process look like? Do you use award books (Bluestem and Monarch are what I’m considering)? Do all of the kids read the same books? How do you keep track of teams?

Do you use a buzzer system? Any recommended technology that has worked well for the competition process?

Any and all words of wisdom are greatly appreciated!
Lauren

(Feel free to email me off of the listserv!)

___
Lauren Gray
Learning Center Director

Visit our LC online! <https://sites.google.com/sunsetridge29.org/learningcenter/home>

Sunset Ridge School
525 Sunset Ridge Road
Northfield, IL 60093
grayl at sunsetridge29.org
847.446.6383 ext: 449

“A library is more than a collection of dusty old books. It is a place to learn, explore, and grow!”
-Mr. Lemoncello in Escape From Mr. Lemoncello’s Library

--
*This e-mail message contains information that may be privileged
or confidential and is the property of the Sunset Ridge School District. It