[aisle] library redesign question

Carolyn Kinsella ckinsella at mchs.net
Thu May 16 08:21:27 CDT 2019

I'm in a HS, but when we put quotes on the library walls a couple of years
ago, we asked staff and students for input. I asked staff members for
suggestions and then produced a top 7 list - I was aiming for only 5 but
could not choose.  Then I asked the students to vote, knowing that any of
the 7 would be good. The top 2 are now on the library walls. As for the
graphics, I  asked the company who was hired to create the quotes to come
up some ideas because they have the designers, know what they can produce
with their equipment, and know what they have the rights to use. Because
these decisions were being done over the summer, the principal and I made
the final design choice. Hope this helps.

Carolyn Kinsella, District Librarian
Minooka Community High School
ckinsella at mchs.net

Central Campus
301 S. Wabena Ave.
Minooka, IL  60447
PH: 815-467-2140 ext. 5040

South Campus
26655 West Eames
Channahon, IL 60410
PH:  815-521-4217

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 8:13 AM Donna Brockmeyer via AISLE <

> Although you know generally where you are going with this I would still
> ask students for suggestions. You don't have to use everything they submit
> but they will love being part of the process. You'll end up with a lot of
> the same words/quotes you would have picked anyway but students will feel
> ownership.
>
> On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 5:50 PM Richelle Steinmetz via AISLE <
>
>> Hello!
>> We are redesigning my elementary and middle school libraries this summer.
>> The firm we are working with has asked about some decoration on the walls.
>> Any input would be great!
>>
>> At the elementary school library, we are going to put a quote up on the
>> wall behind our riser/stadium seats. What would be an awesome quote,
>> preferably from an author? The school serves students in grades PK-4.
>>
>> At the middle school library, we are looking at 2 things:
>> 1 - In the hallway outside the library we will be putting a wall with
>> words on it. What are some good ideas for this? Should we just do random
>> words that have to do with 21st century libraries? Should the students or
>> teachers pick words?
>> 2 - Behind the circulation desk, there will be a rectangle with graphics.
>> Any suggestions on some graphics to include?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Rikki Steinmetz
>> Pleasantdale School District
>> Burr Ridge
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>

> --
> Donna Brockmeyer
> Media Clerk
> District 110, Grant and Illini

This
message originates from Minooka Community High School District #111. It
contains information that is confidential or privileged and is intended
only for the individual or entity named above. It is prohibited for anyone
else to disclose, copy, distribute or use the contents of this message. All
personal messages express views solely of the sender, which are not to be
attributed to MCHS District #111, and may not be copied or distributed
without this disclaimer. If you received this message by mistake, please
notify us immediately at 815-521-4017