[aisle] Evaluating sources in Middle School

Tracy Hubbard hubbardt at district65.net
Sun Sep 12 19:25:17 CDT 2021

Went to a great virtual conference with
https://ltcillinois.org/events/diglitcon/

I really like the use of COR from Stanford. It makes sense to me.
https://cor.stanford.edu/

On Sun, Sep 12, 2021, 5:49 PM Tad Andracki via AISLE <

> We use the SIFT moves.
>
> https://www.notion.so/Introducing-SIFT-04db7879dd7a4efaa76bfb2397d11ffd
>
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 5:13 PM Milos, Rebecca via AISLE <
>
>> Hello, Middle School Librarians,
>> I was wondering: What acronym have you successfully used to teach middle
>> school students about how to evaluate sources?  CRAAP, FART, RADAR, or
>> something else?
>> I am new to middle school, so I'd love to hear which of these worked best
>> for you with middle-school-age students.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> --
>>
>> *Rebecca Milos*
>>
>> LRC Director
>>
>> River Trails Middle School
>>
>> 1000 N. Wolf Road
>>
>> Mount Prospect, IL 60056
>>
>> O: (224) 612-7641
>>
>> Website: rtsd26.org <http://www.rtsd26.org>
>>

>> All e-mail correspondence together with any attachments to and from this
>> address may be confidential and is subject to the Acceptable Use Policies
>> of River Trails School District 26, which may result in monitoring and
>> disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement. Any views or
>> opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and might
>> not represent those of River Trails School District 26. This e-mail is
>> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
>> message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
>> message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and
>> then delete it from your system.
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>

> --
> *Tad Andracki*
> (he/him *or *they/them)
> Middle School Librarian and Chair | Rowley Library
> University of Chicago | Laboratory Schools
> 1362 East 59th Street  |  Chicago, IL  60637
> Phone: (773) 702-2091
> tandracki at ucls.uchicago.edu

Any communication sent or received by District 65 is a public
record and may be subject to inspection or copying under the Illinois
Freedom of Information Act.