[aisle] Staff Lost Items Questions

Monica Fumarolo mfumarolo at d101.org
Mon Mar 21 10:47:00 CDT 2022

I send a general all-staff email reminding teachers of when I need items
back for end-of-the-year inventory, and then a while after that I send
individualized emails to those teachers with items out reminding them what
they are.

When it was my first year at a school, I reminded people but also let
things go for items that were checked out before my time. At least then
going forward, teachers knew that as the new librarian, there were new
expectations. I also second what was said before about getting the library
added to your school's end of the year check-out list! That was helpful to
me at past schools where that was the standard operating procedure.

-Monica

On Mon, Mar 21, 2022 at 10:41 AM Tiffany Ouellette via AISLE <

> Hello!
>
> I am a first year librarian, and I wanted to throw a question out for
> thoughts and input.
>
> I have a large number of elementary teachers who have had books out for
> years and they have not been returned. I am wanting to encourage people to
> return these books, so that others may use them. I am sure some of these
> books have been lost. I have gathered from talking to our district office,
> that our staff have not been fined for lost books.
>
> I am curious how your libraries handle this type of situation?
>
> With the end of the year approaching, I would like to give them as much
> notice as possible to give them time to potentially find these books.
>
> Appreciate your help and thoughts on this in advance.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> --
> *Mrs. Tiffany Ouellette*
> *(Pronouns: She/Her/Hers)*
> *West Central High School English Teacher & District Librarian*
> Social Media Intern Coordinator, Class Sponsor, Student Council Advisor
>
> #WCHeatPride

*Ms. Monica Fumarolo*, MSLIS, NBCT
Librarian
*McClure Junior High School*
she/her/hers

--
This email transmission contains information from Western Springs School
District 101 which is confidential or privileged. This information is