[aisle] Elementary Library Organization

Mary Kash kashma at u4sd.org
Wed Feb 15 11:48:50 CST 2023

My K-5 library was genrefied for me when I came a couple years ago.
We have an Easy fiction side with picture books, easier non-fiction books,
and Easy graphic novels.  Many of the non-fiction are in tubs for kids to
find animals, transportation, and ocean animals easier.
Another section is all tubs for Lego, Super Hero, Princess, Fly Guy, Magic
School Bus, etc. books.
Another section has early chapter books in fiction order with some of those
books in tubs also.
The older kids check out books from these genres--Animals, Adventure,
Realistic fiction, fantasy, humor, historical fiction, science fiction,
scary, and mystery books.  One whole section is sports books divided by the
sport.  But included in this section are sports biographies and sports
fiction books.  There is also a spot for graphic novel books and the
non-fiction section with regular Dewey classifications.
Mary Kash, Bottenfield Elementary Librarian
1801 S Prospect Ave
Champaign, IL 61820
217-351-3803
kashma at u4sd.org

"I do the very best I know how--the very best I can; and I mean to keep
doing so until the end." ~ Abraham Lincoln

On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 9:51 AM Taylor Cothern via AISLE <