[aisle] Advice sought: Mobile shelving, library layout, circulation desk design

Dana Brooks dbrooks at mail.meridian223.org
Wed Jan 25 12:44:52 CST 2023

Hello all,

I am with a small school district and one of my libraries flooded over
Christmas break, resulting in the need for new carpet, ALL new shelving and
possibly a new circulation desk. I am choosing to look at this as an
opportunity for exciting change, so I am wondering if anyone would be
willing to give me thoughts/input/advice about the following:

   - Companies that come to your site to give design ideas for changing the
   layout of your space for better efficiency (I don't know where to
   even start with this other than Demco or School Specialty maybe?)
   - Mobile shelving - pros / cons. Things to look for or avoid if we go
   this route, suggestions etc. If anyone has photos they might be willing to
   share -
   - Circulation desk design - Anyone who loves theirs?
   - Site visit - Is there anyone who uses mobile shelving who might
   entertain a short site visit from us so we can see how other libraries have
   utilized it? Or perhaps any library that has recently remodeled?

I will emphasize that our library is very small . Not sure if this helps,
but I have attached a few photos of our library. (Yes, it is a weird
shape).

 IMG_3483.HEIC
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_s7t6c3XzWab28AbYuZBuaje45yB3W5n/view?usp=drive_web>

 IMG_3498.HEIC
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/17or5rNbaq9m-jFKxiRGJXcaJOh256dKp/view?usp=drive_web>

 IMG_3499.HEIC
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SawoDnQKBD-jQVvyTgjukVNghYOIhr_4/view?usp=drive_web>

--
This e-mail message,
including any attachments, contains information that